Mission and Values
The mission of the Office of Corrections Ombuds is to reduce the likelihood of actions or inactions of DOC negatively impacting the health, safety, welfare, and rights of incarcerated individuals by intervening in individual cases and making public reports with recommendations for systemic improvement to the Governor, the Legislature, and agency officials.
• Dignity: We recognize the dignity of all persons.
• Impartiality: We are neutral, independent, and unbiased in our work.
• Confidentiality: We respect and protect the information entrusted to us.
• Integrity: We are honest, ethical, and dedicated to our work.
• Promoting Public Awareness: We create systemic reform by publishing reports that influence change and outcomes.