Are work crews still being sent out to the community?
According to the FAQs on DOC's COVID-19 website,
Are incarcerated individual work crews still in operation in facilities?
- For crews within institutions, work crew sizes have been limited to no more than 10 individuals. Depending on size of work area, crews may exceed 10 if social distancing (6 foot rule) can be managed.
- Symptomatic incarcerated workers are not allowed to go to work.
- Handwashing and sanitizing are being increased while at work.
- Hygiene and sanitation education are being increased for all workers.
Are incarcerated individual work crews still in operation outside of facilities?
No, with the following exceptions:
- DNR crews with no community interaction are going into the forests for planting.
- Cedar Creek Corrections Center is approved to send crews to McNeil Island for operations on the island, and to the Correctional Industries headquarters.